Health&Help seeks to maintain a friendly atmosphere among its volunteers and strives make it better each day. Our offered Terms & Conditions are nurtured through good and hard times. We aim to keep the environment at the clinic as healthy as it can be. We also hope to help you become familiarized with the line of work we do here every day.
A Health&Help volunteer is a leader, deprived of micromanagement and constant control. Being successful at their job, they understand that it is essential to follow certain rules.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Deliver 15 kilograms of humanitarian help (medical supplies and drugs);
- Learn Spanish before the mission, being able to speak at a B1 level;
- Confirm their travelling route to the clinic with Health&Help’s Coordinator in advance;
- Stick to the following schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 16:00/Saturday, 8:00 to 12:00, with a lunch break from 13:00 to 14:00 and Sunday as a day off;
- Participate in household activities: cleaning, cooking etc.;
- Be ready to assist on any matter and work on equal terms side-by-side with other volunteers;
- Keep up a healthy lifestyle and be an example for locals;
- Wear scrubs and/or branded T-shirts with the Heath&Help logo during work hours;
- Be tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Be detail and goal-oriented;
- Show professionalism and aptitude in his/her own field;
- Be an emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; have the ability to juggle several matters at one time.
A volunteer is required to:
- Provide medical assistance at all times as well as be prepared to take emergency calls 24/7;
- Accompany patients in need of hospitalization to the nearest facility, making sure they are taken care of;
A volunteer is supposed not to:
- Start discussions on the following topics: religion, politics, terrorism, sexual orientation, propaganda;
- Consume alcohol in public places, on work days, or in instances where there are no other sober volunteers;
- To post pictures with cigarettes and alcohol on social media, using Health&Help logo or the clinic as the background.
Each volunteer is entitled to:
- Eat vegetarian meals three times a day;
- Use accommodations provided at the clinic;
- Receive a letter of recommendation at the end of an at least 3-month mission;
- Take 7-day leave following each 8-week period of service;
For more information, please contact the Health&Help Coordinator.
We are always here to assist you with any inquiries at** mail[email protected]**