Recently Health&Help has launched a new project in Nicaragua. We have accepted a tremendous challenge of building a health center and taking new medical volunteers on board and opening a clinic as soon as possible is our common goal.
Health&Help seeks to maintain a friendly atmosphere among its volunteers, striving to make it only better. Our offered Term&Conditions are nurtured through good and hard times, aiming to keep the environment on the project as healthy as it can be as well as to get you familiar with the line of work we do here every day.
A Health&Help volunteer is a leader, deprived of micromanagement and constant control. Being successful at their job, they understand that it is essential to follow certain rules.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- deliver 15 kilograms of humanitarian help (medical supplies and drugs);
- learn Spanish before the mission, being able to speak at B1 level;
- confirm their travelling route to the clinic with Health&Help’s Coordinator in advance;
- get vaccinated before the trip in advance;
- stick to the following schedule: Monday to Saturday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with a lunch break from 1:00pm to 2:00pm and Sunday as a day off;
- participate in household activities (e.g. cooking and cleaning) and keep the construction site in order;
- be ready to assist on any matter may occur on equal terms side by side with other volunteers;
- keep up the healthy lifestyle, being an example for locals;
- wear a scrubs and/or branded T-shirts with Heath&Help logo during work hours;
- be tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- be detail and goal-oriented;
- be good in his/her own field;
- be an emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time.
A volunteer is supposed not to:
- engage into a romantic or sexual relationship with a local community members;
- start discussions on the following topics: religion, politics, terrorism, sexual orientation, propaganda;
- take drugs;
- consume alcohol in public places, on work days or in case there are no other sober volunteers;
- to post pictures with cigarettes and alcohol on social media, using Health&Help logo or the clinic as the background.
Systematic violations of these requirements will result in a warning or expulsion from the project without any monetary reimbursement.
Each volunteer is entitled to:
- vegetarian meals three times a day;
- accomodation in the Volunteer Camp;
- construction tools;
- a letter of recommendation at the end of an at least 3-month mission;
- a 7-day leave after each 8 weeks of service;
- medical attention if a medical volunteer is contracted at the time.
For more information, please contact the Health&Help’s Coordinator.
We are always here to assist you with any queries at email@example.com.