Health&Help believes anybody can make this world a better place, even if there is not much experience or a yet completed degree. That’s why we are always eager to welcome medical students to our mentoring program. Health&Help’s medical students are not afraid to take responsibility on, finding the strength to provide medical attention 24/7. Your actions and professionalism affect our patients’ loyalty to the clinic and course of treatment. Their well-being is in your hands.
Health&Help takes medical care to another level: we do whatever we can to change the quality of lives for those beyond the poverty line. Proper healthcare assistance results in our patients becoming more positive, showing hope and a constant smiles on their faces.
Health&Help believes anybody can make this world a better place, even if there is not much experience or a yet completed degree. That’s why we are always eager to welcome medical students to our mentoring program.
Health&Help’s medical students are not afraid to take responsibility on, finding the strength to provide medical attention 24/7. Your actions and professionalism affect our patients’ loyalty to the clinic and course of treatment. Their well-being is in your hands.
- Initiative. Striving to improve business processes;
- Self-learning. Able to find the necessary information and acquire new skills along with maintaining professionalism;
- Adaptable. Able to feel comfortable and confident in various situations, with new people and in unusual life and work conditions;
- Diplomatic, kind, intelligent. Able to deal with all team members and the local community, solve and prevent conflicts. Have respect for other positions and opinions, different from their own;
- Well-organized, responsible, punctual and diligent;
- Able to perform work in a high-quality and timely manner, as well as ready to make complex decisions;
- **Leadership skills.
** Able to guide and inspire the team in order to achieve common goals and objectives;
- Loyal, calm and endurant. Tolerant attitude towards people of other race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political views, etc.
- Empathic and responsive. With a caring attitude, as well as a willingness to help in a difficult situation;
- Willing to maintain a healthy lifestyle as an example for the local community and other volunteers.
**The responsibilities of the role include:
- Patients’ examinations on-site and in field, assisting doctors during consultations (general practice, gynaecology, obstetrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, dermatology, otolaryngology infectious diseases);
- Escorting patients to their houses and making home visits;
- Performing necessary procedures, such as injections, vaccinations, CPR, suture, ingrown nails’ removal, abscess drainage;
- Carrying out tests, such as pregnancy, blood sugar, hemoglobin, STDs, HIV, Type A and B Hepatitis;
- Reading vitals by using EKG, doppler, spirometry;
- Prescribing drugs and purchasing medical supplies;
- Handling medicine and medical instruments (accounting, sterilizing, donation management);
- Triaging patients, providing pre-examination assistance if needed;
- Keeping the papers in order;
- Being a facilitator between the volunteers and local communities, dissolving problems and neutralizing conflicts;
- Preparing and giving educational lectures on public healthcare among local citizens, both children and adults, putting up together handout materials, collaterals, posters;
- Working on infectious and other diseases prevention methods by educating local communities.
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
Being a part of Health&Help team is an exceptional experience, which gives you the opportunity to make this world a better place at this exact moment. Don’t wait another day
, apply now!