Nurses are an important part of the communication between doctor and patient. Your actions and professionalism affect our patients’ loyalty to the clinic and course of treatment. Their well-being is in your hands. Health&Help’s nurses are not afraid to take responsibility on, finding the strength to provide medical attention 24/7.
You will be expected to see patients in the clinic on a daily basis, working along with volunteers, and handle paperwork. You should be comfortable making medical decisions and dealing with cases of different levels of complexity.
- Initiative. Striving to improve business processes;
- Self-learning. Able to find the necessary information and acquire new skills along with maintaining professionalism;
- Adaptable. Able to feel comfortable and confident in various situations, with new people and in unusual life and work conditions;
- Diplomatic, kind, intelligent. Able to deal with all team members and the local community, solve and prevent conflicts. Have respect for other positions and opinions, different from their own;
- Well-organized, responsible, punctual and diligent;
- Able to perform work in a high-quality and timely manner, as well as ready to make complex decisions;
- **Leadership skills.
** Able to guide and inspire the team in order to achieve common goals and objectives;
- Loyal, calm and endurant. Tolerant attitude towards people of other race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political views, etc.
- Empathic and responsive. With a caring attitude, as well as a willingness to help in a difficult situation;
- Willing to maintain a healthy lifestyle as an example for the local community and other volunteers.
**The responsibilities include:
- Examining patients on site and in the field, helping the physicians to run clinic operations;
- Escorting patients to their houses and making home visits;
- Performing necessary procedures, such as injections, immunizations, CPR, suturing, ingrown nails removal, draining abscesses;
- Performing tests, such as pregnancy, blood glucose, hemoglobin, STDs, HIV, Type A and B Hepatitis;
- Taking vital signs, and using EKG, doppler, spirometry;
- Distributing medications and purchasing medical supplies;
- Handling medications and medical instruments (counting, sterilizing, sorting donations);
- Keeping documentation in order;
- Being a facilitator between the volunteers and local communities, solving problems and neutralizing conflicts;
- Preparing and giving educational lectures on public health for locals, both children and adults, putting together handout materials, posters.
Being a part of Health&Help medical team is an exceptional experience, which gives you the opportunity to make this world a better place at this exact moment. Don’t wait another day, apply now!